FONA International CEO Invited to White HouseFebruary 28, 2012
Recognized as one of the country’s top minds and success stories in business today, FONA International Chairman & CEO Joseph Slawek joins fellow Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® alumni at the White House and on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. on February 27-28, 2012.
The Pioneers and Patriots forum provides Entrepreneur Of The Year® alumni the opportunity to converse with senior White House officials, Members of Congress and senior staff to gain insights into policy matters that impact high-growth entrepreneurs. They’ll discuss issues including innovation, financing, tax policy, job creation, growth and global competitiveness.
“It is an honor and a privilege to be invited to the capitol of our amazing country as part of this delegation. I am proud to be a representative for all of my fellow entrepreneurs who work so hard and whose ventures are the backbone of American business. Discussing matters of critical importance to entrepreneurs with White House officials and members of Congress is a special responsibility for which I am truly blessed,” says FONA Chairman & CEO Joseph Slawek.
A few of the scheduled speakers at this event are:
- Franciso Sanchez, Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade
- Rebecca Blank, Acting Deputy Secretary of Commerce
- Tom Kalil, Deputy Director of Policy, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Richard Burr (R-NC)
- Mark Warner (D-VA)
- Darrell Issa (R-CA); Chairman of the House Oversight & Government Reform Committee
- Nan Hayworth (R-NY)
- Ron Kind (D-WI)
- Eric Cantor (R-VA), House Majority Leader