Fortune Magazine Names FONA #2 Small/Medium Workplace in ChicagolandMay 22, 2018
Geneva, IL, May 22, 2018 – FONA International, family-owned creator and manufacturer of complete flavor solutions, was named the #2 Small/Medium Workplace in Chicago by Fortune magazine and consulting firm Great Place to Work.
This comes on the heels of another prestigious recognition. Just this week Forbes magazine named FONA a Small Giant, one of America’s best small companies and FONA was named one of the 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Chicago for the 13th straight year.
Great Place to Work evaluated more than 50 elements of team members’ experience on the job. These included employee pride in the organization’s community impact, belief that their work makes a difference, and feeling their work has special meaning. Rankings are based on employees’ experiences, no matter who they are or what they do. FONA took the #2 spot on the list.
The independent review shows that 99% of FONA employees rate the company’s communication and pride as excellent and 98% say the same of the atmosphere and management. The full review is available here: https://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/fona-international-inc. See full rankings here.
“Chicago has one of the largest metropolitan economies in the United States. It plays a significant economic role not just domestically, but globally,” said Michael Bush, CEO of Great Place to Work. “As one of our nation’s economic main staples, Chicago can be proud that organizations like FONA are building this country’s economy by creating great places to work for all.”
“What an incredible week here at FONA! First to be a Forbes Small Giant, and now to be named a top workplace in Chicago. It’s a great honor and a testament to our wonderful people,” said President Amy McDonald.
Other recognition this year:
- Great Place to Work for All – Leadership Award for President Amy McDonald, 2018
- Chicago Tribune Top Workplaces in Chicago (#8, small category), 2017
- #44 workplace for women in nation, among companies of any size, 2017
- #43 medium-sized workplace in the nation (#1 in manufacturing!), 2017
- Best & Brightest Companies to Work For: National Winner (7 years) and Local (13 years)
About FONA International, Inc.
Now celebrating 30 years, FONA International creates and produces flavors for many of the largest food, beverage, nutritional companies in the world. It offers flavor solutions for the confection, grain, beverage, performance nutrition, and emerging markets from its state-of-the-art, 33-acre campus in Geneva, IL. FONA’s seven core values drive it to pursue excellence and foster incredible partnerships. More than just great flavors – FONA provides complete market solutions.
About Great Place To Work Methodology
More than 11,000 employees provided input to this year’s Best Workplaces in Chicago list.
Great Place to Work analyzed each company’s performance on over 50 survey questions anonymously rated by their staff. Employees at all levels of the organization were invited to participate in the survey, which is designed to reveal whether the organization is consistently a great place to work for all its people. Meaning:
- Do employees trust the people they work for?
- Are they treated fairly and with respect?
- Are people proud of their work?
- Do they enjoy the folks they work with?
- Are great experiences available to everyone –or does it depend upon who you are and what job you perform?
- How effective are executives at leading the organization and giving everyone an opportunity to innovate and contribute to the organization’s success?
- How does the workplace compare to others of a similar size or industry in Chicago?
- Great Place to Work also collected demographic and program data from companies, but rankings were driven by employee feedback. To be considered, companies had to meet the Great Place to Work-Certified™ standard, a sufficient number of Chicago area employees needed to respond, and their overall survey results needed at least a 95% confidence level, and a 5 percent margin of error or lower