Let’s try to taste food blind-folded!
Now that you have tried to eat without your nose, now let’s try to eat without our eyes! We use our eyes to send information to our brain about the world around us; colors, shapes, sizes and other visual characteristics tell our brain information about food too.
- Grab a bag of candy that has different flavors in one bag – like Skittles or Jelly Bellys.
- Find a partner and something to use as a blindfold.
- Blindfold one of the partners.
- One flavored candy at a time, see if your blindfolded partner can tell you the correct flavor of the candy, on first guess.
- It’s very hard to taste without the use of our sense of sight.
- How well did you do?