From the aroma of a freshly squeezed lime that makes your mouth water, to a sweet sip of a fruity beverage that cools and calms, to the crunch of your favorite chip that transports you back to your childhood—the world of flavor is like a delicate balance of art and science, and flavor chemists are like the painter behind the picture bringing it all together. Each flavor is carefully crafted to take a developer’s product innovation for their consumer from an ordinary eating experience to an extraordinary one. Our Flavorist-in-Training program enables flavorists to develop skills to do just that. Craving more information? Take a look behind the scenes at our program below.
About the Program:
McCormick Flavor Solutions’ Flavorist-in-Training Program guides flavorists looking to help create a better way to eat, drink and live for consumers around the globe.
Our elite Flavorist-in-Training Program harnesses the creativity and science acumen of flavorist apprentices, as they enhance their flavor creation capabilities and leadership skills through hands-on learning, continuous education opportunities, and collaboration with our experts. The program advances individuals from apprentice to associate and Certified Membership of the Society of Flavor Chemists with corresponding promotions along the way.
Here’s what sets our program apart:
- A world-class 3-year training program with modular design equipped to grow a flavorist’s talents*
- McCormick Flavor Solutions as a leader in delivering flavor solutions to top beverage & healthcare brands
- Ability to develop flavors for a wide variety of market segments from beverage, food, seasonings, health, and nutrition and more
- Our certified flavorists have over 200+ years of collective experience and knowledge across both our Hunt Valley, MD headquarters and McCormick FONA site in Geneva, IL to learn from!
- Access to expertise from subject matter experts working in all facets of the business
- Guidance from the world’s best culinary teams, culinary insights, and top-tier chefs to fuel your flavor curiosity
- Competitive and distinguished flavor technology portfolio
- Competitive compensation and benefit program along with Global learning and talent opportunities
McCormick was one of the founding members of FEMA (Flavor Extracts Manufacturers Association) and continues to influence the foundation of the practices in flavor today.
Explore and immerse yourself in an organization with everything a top flavor house can offer – all backed by something no one else has: the heritage and consumer recognition of McCormick & Company.
*Total process time to complete flavorist certification is a minimum of 7 years.*
A Day in The Life of Our Flavorists Supporting Flavor Solutions in North America
Senior Flavorists Laura Partida and Katie Pappas discuss their roles at our Geneva, IL location, McCormick FONA, and McCormick headquarters in Hunt Valley, MD. Get the inside scoop into the process of becoming a Certified Flavorist and what they love most about their role.
Want to learn more?
Becoming a Compounder at McCormick is a great way to get started, or for those already on their way, look for our Flavorist openings. Click below to view our current openings.